Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ac blows through the bottom after ls6 intake install.

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 12:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ac blows through the bottom after ls6 intake install.

Well I installed a ls6 intake and pacesetter headers on my 98 Camaro, which made a big difference, my question is does anybody have a picture of where I may have messed up my ac, my ac still blows ice cold air, but it blows it thru the bottom and not through the vents, so where did I messed up.
Old 05-12-2007, 02:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You have a vacum line not hooked up on the back of the intake..if you feel around back there you will be able to plug it in if your lucky ...
Old 05-12-2007, 02:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same exact issue....according to the Write ups by other members there should be one vacuum line left over that needs to be plugged when removing AIR/EGR on these cars. I plugged the only vacuum line back there left over and now that its back together the A/C+Heat blows out the defrost and floor vents but won't switch to the dash vents.
Old 05-12-2007, 03:47 PM
That's what she said...

It's a tiny (1/8") nipple that points directly toward the passenger side of the car. It's on the very back of the manifold. The line runs out of the wireloom by the PCM and plugs into the nipple.
Old 05-12-2007, 04:18 PM
TECH Regular

any pics of that hose, I think I know which one is it, but would like to make sure,
Old 05-14-2007, 07:49 PM

I am having the same problem, but have a number of loose hoses from when I removed my EGR and AIR.

I think I have located the vaccum line that runs out of the PCM wireloom: it appears to have two nipples, one is much longer than the other. Do you know which one goes into the back of the intake?

I will try to get pics up tomorrow...but any advice is much appreciated!
Old 05-15-2007, 11:31 AM
TECH Regular

I found the hose is a skinny real brittle by now hose that goes all the way back to the intake manifold.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:57 PM

Alright, I think I have an idea where it inlet is located at the back of the intake. I felt around for awhile and found what appears to be a nipple pointing to the passenger side as described above.

My next question, is which is the proper vaccum tube to plug into it? I have a few loose ones from when I removed the AIR and EGR. Please take a look at the pics, and if you can, let me know:

Vaccum Tube 1

Vaccum Tube 2

As you can see in picture 2, there are two options. A tube that is much longer than the other. These tubes appear to be coming out of the PCM wireloom as described above, so I am thinking it is one of these that plugs into the back of the intake.

If so, is it the longer or shorter one that is supposed to plug in??

Thanks
Old 05-15-2007, 03:16 PM
That's what she said...

One side of that T goes to the wireloom/ac/vacuum canister. The other side of that T goes to the AIR. It needs to be blocked/plugged, or you can just yank the T out and plug the line closest to your finger onto the manifold nipple.