Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can stock fuel rails be switched around?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 11:54 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Can stock fuel rails be switched around?

I'm lookin to buy a ls1 intake complete with injectors, fuel rails, and tb from a board member. He sent me a pic and all looks good except it looks like the fuel rails are on wrong. He also bought it used and has very little knowledge of the factory FI system. When looking at the TB on the intake, the FPR is supposed to be on the driver's side and so is fuel rail main feed. His pic shows the feed and FPR on the passengers side. Did someone put the rails on backwards? Is it even possible to do so? I need to know if this is just someone's mistake or is it a weird year non-desireable setup.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ive switched my rails from a ls1 to a ls6....so it shouldnt matter
Old 05-15-2007, 01:32 PM
Launching!

Thanks but that's not what I'm asking. Can the stock fuel rails be removed, rotated so the passenger side is now on the driver's side, and reinstalled that way? That's what it looks like happened to this stuff that i'm trying to buy but I'm not sure if it's even possible.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no they can NOT be switched side to side. It is ONE piece (the two rails and the crossover tube).
Old 05-15-2007, 04:24 PM
Launching!

I know they are one peice. What I am asking is can the WHOLE assembly be rotated so the pass side is now on the drivers side and the drivers side is now on the pass side.