Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removing AC Compressor and lines?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 12:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing AC Compressor and lines?

Alright, first off my AC compressor hasn't been working for some time so it's just dead weight right now so I had a little extra time and wanted to take it off. I removed the compressor, all hardware, and brakets but there are two lines running to the back of the compressor, one from the radiator and one from up top, under the hood. I was wondering if I have to block off these two tubes or will they not have any pressure built up anymore after I took off the compressor. I'm not worried about it throwing codes, I just don't want it to start pouring out radiator fluid or anything.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:52 PM
On The Tree

I just removed my complete AC system over the weekend. One of the lines should be running to the condensor, not the radiator and I believe the other runs to the drier. You should remove the condensor and drier, while you're at it. Once you do that, you shouldn't have any other AC lines, and you'll be left with the black box in the back of the engine compartment. If you already removed the compressor and nothing came out, you shouldn't worry about anything leaking. This will clear up a lot more room under the hood. Good Luck.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:57 PM
12 Second Club

Those lines can be pulled. One runs to the condenser and the other to the dryer. There might be a greenish liquid that comes out but that is freon not radiator fluid.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:07 PM
TECH Resident

Ok, so I can just pull out the dryer and condenser while I'm at it, without throwing any codes?
Old 05-15-2007, 03:57 PM
Staging Lane

Don't worry about it, no codes will be thrown. By the way, that's an accumulator not a drier.

Quick Reply: Removing AC Compressor and lines?