Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

header install on my ss

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 08:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default header install on my ss

preparing to install pacesetters LT's on my 2000 camaro.. should i be able to do this myself or should i take it somewhere? just need to kno how much of a hassle it is to install them, ive talked to some guys who have done it them selves and said it wasnt bad and other's said it was, just need to kno what im in for.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:02 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

All you have to do is ask yourself how much 5-6 hours of work is worth to you. If it is not worth 350-500$ then do it yourself. It is realatively easy. Can be frustrating but you just need to get the front end of the car high enough in the air.
Make sure you hit your bolts with penetrating oil prior to taking the manifolds off.

I hear the pacesetters slip in just as good as most LT's. I would think it wouldnt take more than an evening of wrenching for someone that has never done it.

Also a good time to change plugs.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:17 PM
On The Tree

alright thanks, just heard its a pain to get the passenger side in there, have to remove some of the coil packs? i should be fine with it, my bro and dad are helping me should be no problem
Old 05-15-2007, 09:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My passenger side slid right in, and the driver side slid in after hitting my floorboard a few times with a rubber mallet. The most common thing that I've seen is that the header gets stuck on the tab on the block, just like with mine. You might as well just take the coil packs off on the passenger side so it is easier to get to all the plugs and bolts. I was spoiled when I did mine and had a lift, but i'd say you need it as high as possible.

Also decide if you are going to use the gaskets that are supplied with the pacesetters. I used the paper ones and just soaked them in water for 30 mins or so and haven't had problems with them as of yet. It's been over a year now.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:37 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Just take the entire bracket off and unplug all the wires from the plugs. So all you can see is the top of the valve cover.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:09 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Just take the entire bracket off and unplug all the wires from the plugs. So all you can see is the top of the valve cover.
Old 05-16-2007, 06:42 AM
TECH Junkie

this may help

it really isn't that bad, just time consuming
Old 05-16-2007, 09:21 AM
Teching In

When i installed my lts, i had a couple of friends help me out in their garage. alls we had was ramps and jacks. just get the front end high up in the air. i used the pacesetter gaskets and within 3 days the passenger side blew out. now i have just plain felpro stock ones and they work great. when i had to replace it, i just jacked my car up in my driveway, took the coil packs off and went to town. within about 2 hours i had everything off and back on. it does take a lil time the first time, but everyother time you do them, you get a lil quicker and quicker
Old 05-16-2007, 09:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One of the easier mods. Anything bolt on is fun. Cracking into the motor, now that's where I question my own skills Link in my sig might answer questions as to what other parts you'll need. Good luck.

-J