Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hooker long tube question

Old 04-27-2003, 08:05 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hooker long tube question

i am planning on buying a set of hooker long tubes in the future. how much will the LT and a ORYP add , and will the painted ones last as long as the coated ones? my mods money is on a budget so i need to know. also how will it sound with the hooker cat back kit with a stock cam? thanks guys
Old 04-27-2003, 08:44 AM
TECH Regular

Default Re: hooker long tube question

I couldn't tell you about the ORP from Hooker, but my Hooker longtubes got me 27RWHP. They're also jet-hot coated.
Old 04-27-2003, 08:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,431 Likes on 991 Posts

I also have the Jet-Hot coated Hooker LT's. I think it's worth getting the coated headers. My Hookers had several quailty issues, all could be fixed but carefully inspected before starting your install.

1/4 gap had to be rewelded
lots slag in the primaries on several tubes
O2 bung misaligned sensor wouldn't screw in, had to be groundout and retapped
flange needed to be filed to make it level

As for sound, it will be very loud w/o cats with almost catback. A SLP dual/dual can keep a catless set up reasonabley quiet.

The headers have been fine since installed with rest of package.
Old 04-27-2003, 09:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

I've hooker LT with custom ORY 2.5" and custom made flange cutout 2.5", the sound is awesome and i have a video but inshalla soon i will posted, i won at 1/4 just 4 mile's from HLT, befor headers 110 mph after headers 114 mph at 1/4, and i post that befor and many advice me to tuning (LS1edit) the pcm for a good flow and fuel and many things can do it!

But now i sell the hooker and i am going to buy a MAC's cuz my friend install mac after the hooker LT and the car get more power than hooker, now i want to tried the mac.

LT is super easy to install but the MAC need a hard work, my advice MAC's will be so enough for the performance, especially the future.

Best of luck

God saves U.SARMY
Old 04-27-2003, 11:20 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the Hooker LT and ORYP on my car with a borla, and OMG...It is crazy loud. I love it, some say it sounds bad, just your preferance. I dont have any dyno numbers, but you can tell a differance when you are driving. Oh ya, mine are painted, no rust yet...after 2 months so far.

Search this Thread