Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine Vibration HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 11:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Engine Vibration HELP!

So long story short. I put a converter and flexplate (aftermarket) in my Camaro. Had a mean vibration that shakes the car whether in Nuetral or Park. So after other transmission issues I'm now back to a stock converter and flexplate. These arn't my factory ones due to the fact that the originals were torched out bc I figured I wouldn't need them again(and if so I could borrow someones for the time being).
So now with stock converter and flexplate it still vibrates. Vibration starts around 1000 and just gets exceedingly worse. Probably worst at 3000 rpms. Anyone have suggestions.
Of course I'm not sure if the vibration was slightly there to begin with bc I wasn't looking for it. My car has always had a bad vibration in 3rd gear at half throttle even before it was touched. I would say it's a converter issue but I have had different 2 aftermarket ones in it and now a OEM one, along with mixing the flexplates in there too and couldn't pinpoint one of them either.
I have an ASP crank pulley, but can't see that being the problem, it's not on yet.
I did slide the converter back from the flexplate and start it up and it seemed to still be there just slightly(this was 6 months ago). I figured that the transmission just amplified the vibrations into the whole car though.
I'm stumped any help? The car runs strong, no misfires, no nothing. I've watched the flexplate and crank pulley from underneath and neither are wobbling.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:50 PM
Teching In

Motor/Trans mount grounding out?
Old 05-18-2007, 05:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

no, definitely not a tranny or motor mount issue.
anyone else?