Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Limits of stock coils.

Old 05-18-2007, 09:24 PM
8 SEC SLOPPY SHOT!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Limits of stock coils.

Im just wondering what the limit is on stock coils.I know poweradder cars are most prone to stock coil failure.Only reason i ask is im fealing my coils are not up to par on my setup.Im running the stockers and not the truck coils like other people.Just wondering if there is a diffrence between the two.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The car stuff has been used in a number of high horsepower applications. The truck stuff is only marginally better. They've been used on motors producing over 1000hp.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:39 PM
8 SEC SLOPPY SHOT!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WILWAXU
The car stuff has been used in a number of high horsepower applications. The truck stuff is only marginally better. They've been used on motors producing over 1000hp.
I was under the impression alot of high horsepower ls1 guys use the truck coils and not the stock car coils that im currenty using.I want to change to truck coils for a piece of mine due to some abnormal problems im having.The truck coils are not cheap and everyone seem not to like the msds from previous failures.I have a set of msd that i might just return and keep lookin for the truck coils but if i buy new truck coils there not much cheaper than msd coils.Have you heard any bad things about the msd stuff.

Search this Thread