Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what expoxy to use on my TB? drilled hole too big

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2003, 01:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default what expoxy to use on my TB? drilled hole too big

just wondering. i have a slight cruise control effect right now. i drilled it out a bit too big i believe as my IAC counts are from 0-5 area. what kind of epoxy do i use to close up the TB blade hole? also my cruise control effect is sometimes annoying as it holds up to 1500 rpms (900 is set idle) but sometimes it just drops right down to idle without a problem at all.
Old 04-28-2003, 02:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: what expoxy to use on my TB? drilled hole too big

I used Plumbers putty from Sears hardware store.It comes in a tube and you take out what you need and work it together til it gets warm.Then you put it where you want,be kinda quick it gets hard within a few minutes.Its been on my TB for about a year and holds up fine.
Old 04-28-2003, 02:29 PM
TECH Junkie

I'm not sure if this is a good idea really and I wouldn't want to do it,,, but I remember a post a long time ago about somebody who jb welded a penny on top of his TB hole that was drilled to large and then he drilled through the penny a smaller hole. The post also said the penny never fell off. Maybe the best thing is to get a ported throttle body from Thunder or somewhere cause it's not to expensive and you'll get a another blade.
Old 04-28-2003, 03:00 PM
TECH Addict

Just put a rivet in the hole that you drilled, and if the hole is too small, you can just drill out another hole. Start small.
Old 04-28-2003, 03:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Find someone with a welder and see if they can close it up for you. Then get a rotary tool and smooth it out. You can check an exhaust shop.