Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP Long tube install ???

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 12:56 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP Long tube install ???

I have put the long tubes on and it looks like on the passanger side there are some sensor wires that are really close to the primaries like the oil level sensor, crank sensor, and front o2 sensor connector and wires are all by the primaries too what do I do to get them away from the primaries I dont want them to get melted
Old 05-22-2007, 09:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I took the time to re wire-add wire to all of them. l ran them along the top and down the back side of the block. No chance of damage know. Only ones that are close, are the ones for the abs sensor, but with the rest relocated there is a lot more room for the remaining abs wires. It did take a bit of work, but I have seen others with SLP Lt,s have wire damage even with protective covering on the wires. It's only a matter of time.
Another poor design on SLP,s part.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I actually had a spark plug boot put on there. I might still have an extra in my garage. Moroso makes them it is that shiny metal type stuff it looks like you could put it on the sun and it would be fine.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:01 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Disconnect them from the loom and plastic shielding and put fiberglass spark plug wire protectors on each wire.