Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which Muffler should i get?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2003, 05:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Which Muffler should i get?

Hey got the Slp dual/dual on my 2000SS. It just too quite for my liking which muffler sounds good and flows pretty good as i will be ordering a cutout at the same time. I had the flowmaster on my Lt1 car and liked the sound of it, but didnt flow for crap. What should i get? sounds clips would be great if you have any!
Old 04-29-2003, 09:37 AM
TECH Resident

Default Re: Which Muffler should i get?

Magnaflow!!
Old 04-29-2003, 09:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you ever put a set of headers on that car, you will be glad you kept the SLP dual/dual.
Old 04-29-2003, 03:00 PM
On The Tree

Hey got the Slp dual/dual on my 2000SS. It just too quite for my liking which muffler sounds good and flows pretty good as i will be ordering a cutout at the same time. I had the flowmaster on my Lt1 car and liked the sound of it, but didnt flow for crap. What should i get? sounds clips would be great if you have any!
I just replaced your exact muffler with a Magnaflow. The Magnaflow is louder but not as much as I expected (I have heads, cam and shorties). The muffler is very nice and is 33% lighter then the SLP one. I did find that the Maganflow has slightly different dimensions then the SLP system and the install shop had to put on new pipe exiting the muffler in order for the tips to be positioned right.