Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wiring problem...please help ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 07:32 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiring problem...please help ASAP

Ok so after i put my new motor in ive been having a problem with some wiring. I can not unlock the doors with the remote opener and the unlock button in the car wont unlock it either but the key does. i can still lock them like that but cant unlock them. Im also having a problem with some sensors. my IAT, ECT, both 02's and the map sensor are not reading. According to HP Tuners they are just reading 0. Is all of this stuff on the same circuit? I really hate wiring and was wondering if someone can tell me a good place to start looking.

TIA

Trent
Old 05-23-2007, 08:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like you have at least one circuit w/ no voltage, check your fuses by pulling and inspecting each one.

If no findings there, check the grounds at the rear of your head(s) to ensure you didn't leave one off.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:34 AM
On The Tree

Yeah, the IAT, ECT, and map sensor should be on the same 5 volt reference circuit. There are only 2 circuits that are 5 volt for the different sensors on the engine. The door locks are obviously on a different circuit but since they lock but don't unlock check the wiring to the switch maybe you knocked something loose. The o2's Im not sure if they are on the same circuit but I think the fronts are the same and rears are the same but not 100% on that. Like crainholio said, check your grounds (you can never have enough grounds!). Pull one of the harness connectors from one of the sensors your not getting a reading from and check for power and ground, whatever you don't have just chase down from there back.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:48 PM
11 Second Club

i will check those 2 grounds tonight and let you guys know....from what i remember when i put the motor in...i think there were 3 grounds coming off that harness in the back...ive always been told 2 but i saw 3...maybe the guy that owned the car before me put an eye hook on it and i grounded it but it wasnt supose to be grounded? sshhiitt