Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about electric cutout

Old 05-27-2007, 04:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Question about electric cutout

Hello All,

I have another electic cutout question. I currently have Hooker Long-tubes running into a hooker ORY to a Flowmaster American Thunder catback. I really can't decide exactly where I should mount a QTC electic cutout. My best guess would be to mount one cutout between where the ORY meets the cat-back. You guys have any thoughts on this? As an alternative, I guess I could have an exhaust shop cut out a part of the ORY and weld the cutout in there.

Also, if anyone has a similar setup, can you please tell me what size cutout you purchased (I presume it is 3", however would like to be sure before I buy it).

I checked a bunch of threads with the search feature, however wasnt able to find what I was looking for! THanks.
Old 05-27-2007, 06:46 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess the best place would be about 14 inches back from the o2 sensors, and just have an exhaust shop cut a section out. 3 should work fine
Old 05-27-2007, 07:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for all of your help. That was just what I needed to know!
Old 05-27-2007, 08:29 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sell the qtp and get dmh and then mount it right before the point where i bends over the axle

Search this Thread