Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cut out

Old 06-02-2007, 11:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Cut out

First off i have Pacesetter Lts with Pacesetter ORY and i am looking to put cut outs on. Very simple i've searched and searched and listened to sound clips and i just can't find anything that i want. I would like to get some input on the best place for the best sound to put a cut out. I want to know both sides, people with two right after headers what do you like and what do you not like. Same question for people with one in the "I" pipe, what do like and don't like. Right now i have flowmaster cat back, but have been thinking about getting a dynomax bullet system (i can get from work for about $260). Ive tried to find sound clips of that system with pacesetters lts but no one has them. i figured that if i go with that set up than i will go duel cut outs after each header. But if i stay with flowmaster than i will just install one. what does everyone think?
Old 06-03-2007, 04:44 AM
TECH Addict

Well for one you are limited by the pipe on where to put it as you need about a 10 inch straight piece of pipe. The most common spot is the straight section before the axle on the passenger side
Old 06-03-2007, 12:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a single in the 3" i-pipe before my magnaflow and I only have one complaint. With the cutout open and part throttle below 3000 rpms it sounds a little like a dump truck. WOT above 4000 and it SCREAMS!!! Of course the cam helps too.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Z's, you should change your sig from "dark" to "navy". Your color is called navy blue metallic which I used to have on a '98 T/A years ago...I loved that color.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:30 PM
Launching!

My set up is coming off next week or so but I have stock equipment all the way back to the Flowmaster catback. I had a cutout put on the straight section of pipe right before the axle on the passenger side like the other guy said. It sounds good and all, MAYBE a little tiny bit louder on the passenger side of the car but seriously you cant notice that unless you are listening for it.Nice idle and great at WOT !!!! Im goin the true dual route though, but the cutout is good cheap option to make sure you can handle the louder exhaust before you sink alot of money in it and realize you dont. Cutout = Good mod for the money.

Search this Thread