Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Magnaflow Quad Tip ?'s and pic request on T/A

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 08:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnaflow Quad Tip ?'s and pic request on T/A

Ok, I think I've finally made up my mind to go with the Magnaflow, but I want to do quad tips. I know you can buy the system with them now, but I don't want to pay that much for the tips. I've also read that they don't sell them seperately. Has that changed? Check out this site:

http://hottexhaust.com/detail.asp?product_id=35168

That's just one among many sites I found with them. Are those the tips that come on the quad tip system? They also have part # 35167, which I believe is the same thing without the slash angle cut.

Lastly, does anyone have any good pics of either of these or the quad tip system on a Trans Am? I've searched and found quite a few of them on Camaros but haven't really found any good shots on a T/A.

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-03-2007, 11:20 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why not get a set of the corsa clones? they're only $100 for both of them from a sponsor (he's still a sponsor, right? haven't seen him around for a while), and IMO, they look a lot better than the magnaflow's.

http://www.chromeandperformance.com/corsatips.html

just a thought.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Look around for the pics, I'm pretty sure I've seen them up here. I'd agree though on these tips, it's a better deal and I really don't think the new Magna's are worth what they're asking -- although I hear there's a group purchase going on too...
Old 06-05-2007, 01:18 PM
On The Tree

Someone might correct me if I'm wrong, but I purchased these for my Camaro after hearing about it from this post.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/453262-pics-custom-stainless-magnaflow-exhaust.html

I believe these are pics from the custom job that inspired the production of these (you can read more in that thread to get the jist). But there is a pic of the first ride to have these essentially. Bad30th is a great guy to talk to as well if you want to ask him more.

They were originally made for the T/A. Custom made to fit in the recesses, so it should satisfy you.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
why not get a set of the corsa clones? they're only $100 for both of them from a sponsor (he's still a sponsor, right? haven't seen him around for a while), and IMO, they look a lot better than the magnaflow's.

http://www.chromeandperformance.com/corsatips.html

just a thought.

Corsa clones on my Mangnaflow, gave it a really nice bubbling volcano sound. Borat ~ "Very niiice, I liiike."

I tried getting some of the tips Bad30th has, but Magnaflow wasn't selling them. The clones are really nice though.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:40 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by joblo1978

Corsa clones on my Mangnaflow, gave it a really nice bubbling volcano sound. Borat ~ "Very niiice, I liiike."

I tried getting some of the tips Bad30th has, but Magnaflow wasn't selling them. The clones are really nice though.
So the tips changed the sound of your system? I was wondering if that happened or not. Was it the fact that you went to quads or that you went to Corsa quads? Would Magnaflow quads sound different than Corsa quads sound different than Corsa quad clones?

Also, MavZ28, thanks for the thread, I'll be checking that out!
Old 06-06-2007, 12:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Maul
So the tips changed the sound of your system? I was wondering if that happened or not. Was it the fact that you went to quads or that you went to Corsa quads? Would Magnaflow quads sound different than Corsa quads sound different than Corsa quad clones?

Also, MavZ28, thanks for the thread, I'll be checking that out!
I would guess it's going from 2 tips to 4, and that the newer ones are slightly smaller.

Quick Reply: Magnaflow Quad Tip ?'s and pic request on T/A