Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My duals

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 12:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My duals

Building the exhaust was one of the last things I have to do before the car will be road worthy again.

Flowtech X pipe, little spun cats that HAD ceramic cores, nothing now. Hopefully that will help refine the sound alittle and look snazzy for the DPS. Spiral flow mufflers at the end of the exhaust and nice corsa clone tips. The one thing that I didnt notice until after I had everything tacked up. The tips should be angled at the rear of the car like this \....../. Something got off where the muffler mounts and they ended up like \.....|. You dont really notice unless you are standing over the bumper looking down, but still, I know its there and will fix it sometime. Just didnt feel like hacking it apart and redoing that side. Oh yeah, below the axle of course.

Old 06-04-2007, 01:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

looks nice. sounds clips would be nice!
Old 06-04-2007, 01:49 PM
Launching!

Very nice, I like that you have some cats as well, I can't wait to get some back on my car-I can't understand how peoplw go without them, its just way to smelly.
Snce your running below the axle, check to make sure you can raise the car in back with a jackstand to get the back tires off, because more than likely your going to hit the pipes and the body won't raise enough to clear the tire of the wheelwell. You might have to make it so you can disconnect them before the axle in case of a flat.
I always carry those tire plugs and a small air compressor so I don't have to bother with changing a flat tire-I just fix it right there on the road. This would be a good option since you have under the axle pipes. Just make sure you check the clearance with the jack-I'd hate to see you get stuck somewhere because you can't get the tire off.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:03 PM
TECH Addict

Firstly, the cats are gutted so they are just little resonators now. Secondly I dont carry a spare or drive the car very often. I do however have a best buddy that owns a wrecker service. So no worries.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:30 AM
Staging Lane

oh come one.. the gas smell is all part of it.. gotta love the smell of pure power.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Looks good! and you need more lighting in there, lol.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by tylerdj
Looks good! and you need more lighting in there, lol.
I only had the small lights toward the front of the shop on. The other 16 overhead bulbs are way more than needed. I need to break them into 2 circuits.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:56 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by chefman's_TA
oh come one.. the gas smell is all part of it.. gotta love the smell of pure power.
Yeah I used to really like it, but I always get complaints from the ladies about how bad I smell of fumes-most don't even ride in the car because of it.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:54 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by d james
Yeah I used to really like it, but I always get complaints from the ladies about how bad I smell of fumes-most don't even ride in the car because of it.
That is ***** control.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:56 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I assume those are hooking up to a set of dynatech headers Brandon?