Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electric Sweep gauges w/ sending units

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 04:29 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric Sweep gauges w/ sending units

I have had an electric oil pressure gauge and tranny temp gauge for a long *** time now, but havent installed them yet.

I think when I get my car back, I am going to do so, but have a few questions before I go ahead and do it.

I know the oil pressure sending unit threads to that neck behind the intake manifold and is VERY fragile. Then I believe the wire connects the the nipple on the top of the sending unit then goes directly to the back of the gauge?

As for the tranny temp gauge, does the sending unit (sensor) just thread into the drain plug of the tranny? The tranny is a 4L60E. Does it use the plug with the fine thread or the bigger course thread? I am pretty much going to unscrew the plug and screw the new one in right away, so i lose as little fluid as possible then just run that wire directly to the gauge.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:49 PM
12 Second Club

on my tranny guage i used one of the test ports on the driver side...do a search in the tranny section and u will see what i mean. And the sending units fits perfectly in their by itself.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:55 PM
Launching!

Thanks a lot meng. Appreciate it. If I go through a test port, will fluid leak out? And youre saying that the brass sensor just threads right in?

What about the oil pressure sending unit? Just thread it on behind the intake manifold?
Old 06-08-2007, 07:19 PM
12 Second Club

yea the brass sensor just threads in and u might get a really small bit of drip when u pull the bolt out but u should be able to put the sensor in fairly quick so u wont spill out much at all......I dont know about the oil pressure one tho, i havent done one.