Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spohn DS Loop Fitment.

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 09:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Spohn DS Loop Fitment.

What's the deal? I got one of these and it does not seem to fit. It's right against the tunnel on the passenger side. How have others faired with this part's fitment?

I don't see any way this thing will fit unless I take a hammer to the tunnel. You can see in the pic below that the driver's side isn't even lifted up and bolted, and already there is no clearance on the passenger side (first pic).

I'm not worried about the exhaust, I can probably move it out of the way. But I do not want to hammer the tunnel!
Old 06-10-2007, 09:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im curious how this turns out? i was going to buy the same one??
Old 06-10-2007, 09:26 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had one. I put it on when I was doing my headers and TSP Catted Y-Pipe. Cleared everything fine, but it would scrape against the weights on the driveshaft, and would make noises when I made a turn. So I took it off, once it was on that thing did not want to come off

My install was really easy, it just slid right in. Your part may be messed up. Check and make sure its straight. Other than that I would unbolt the passenger side cause thats the only thing I can think of that might be holding down the brace from bolting in on the drivers side. Moving your exhaust would help alot too. Mine wasn't hitting the exhaust.

This part is made for our cars, so I doubt your tunnel is the problem.