Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP vs. volant

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 06:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP vs. volant

I got a volant dual intake for my bro's formula but he's wondering if he should get an slp lid. So which one has more gains and he doesn't have the ram air hood.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would go with a lid (also aftermarket filter if preferred) along with some type of CAI setup such as FTRA or SSRA (check with users to see what is best). There is not enough air getting to the motor with a TA that has no RA hood.

I do not have a CAI but would recommend for someone with out RA. The RA hood for the TA is much more effective then what I have. I have an SS and want to keep the functionality of the hood (I know I am hard headed since there is little benefit from this concerning the Camaro) so I just have a lid, filter and smooth bellows.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

^^ As he said, I would look into the FTRA or SSRA also the SLP flowpack which draws air from under the car. The volant would most likely be drawing hot engine compartment air.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:29 AM
TECH Junkie

SSRA + lid.....best gains on a non RA style pontiac hood

the SSRA has a scoop which makes it more effective than the FTRA or the SLP version. and the SLP flowpack is a waste...lots of unneeded parts that are overpriced anyway.

as for the lid....any lid will do...choose by price and appearance