Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

whats with xs headers?????

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 12:47 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats with xs headers?????

hey guys thanks for the help with the earlier header questions but ive got one final question before i begin ordering... what are xs headers? who makes them? how much are they? where can i find more info? and who has experience with these headers? any and all info would be great i plan on ordering everything monday night soo all knowledge of this product would be great. thanks again

birdman
Old 06-18-2007, 12:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I took a ban for those headers buying them and saying they are better than kooks and them until they became a sponsor and I stand by what I said jsut as strongly today as I did then.

Go look in the new products showcase for the seller. for 600 shipped you get stainless headers and stainless Y pipe.

here was my thread I made back in the day when they could be bought for 350 shipped: (looking for it)

the fitment was great, the quality was superb, and the price was unbeatable. I reccomend these over any other headers for anyone on a budget, and even for those who arent.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:00 AM
Staging Lane

thanks alot tainted do you know where i could get a pair or get the specs on them?
Old 06-18-2007, 01:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

go look in the new products showcase theres a thread already on it. I bought mine back when they were on ebay for 350 shipped so i dont know the guy whos selling them right now. theya re 1 3/4 priamries though and 3 inch collectors and 3 inch ORY
Old 06-18-2007, 02:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Either that or take a look in the group purchases forum. He's selling them for $550 shipped right now. I have them and love them. They fit AWSOME and look AWSOME!
Old 06-18-2007, 02:08 PM
Banned

I have them on my car and the headers themselves are awesome. They fit perfectly, without having to remove any other components or mess with the k-member.

Y-pipe had fitment issues (hits the floor), but the headers themselves are excellent quality.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:39 PM
Staging Lane

hey thanks for the info
Old 06-18-2007, 10:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ONEBADASSWS6
I have them on my car and the headers themselves are awesome. They fit perfectly, without having to remove any other components or mess with the k-member.

Y-pipe had fitment issues (hits the floor), but the headers themselves are excellent quality.
Mine does to but thats how it tucks so nicely I would recomend the "heater hose" or do what I did. Get some of that fiberglass/alum thermal tape and layer it SEVERAL times. Then put it in between. Removes the metal on metal and works REALLY well!!
Old 06-18-2007, 10:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BLK02TA
Mine does to but thats how it tucks so nicely I would recomend the "heater hose" or do what I did. Get some of that fiberglass/alum thermal tape and layer it SEVERAL times. Then put it in between. Removes the metal on metal and works REALLY well!!
I couldn't deal with it touching the floor anymore, it was really annoying and the vibration kept causing the knock sensor to pull timing.

The car is in the shop now getting a full dual exhaust put on, they put a nice bend after the collector to clear the floorboard as well