Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

horsepower est. and 1/4 mile times with boltons

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2003, 09:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default horsepower est. and 1/4 mile times with boltons

well my mods are in my sig just wanna hear what people think i can do with these mods on the dyno and track weather its an educated guess or u know someone with the same mods lol . i also sent the predator back and the custom tuned for my mods. say i was at 330 rwhp with the predator what should i expect to be at for rwhp? what about 1/4 mile times? if i can drive it good lol what mod should i do next for best power gain? i was thinkin LS6 or Headers
Old 05-07-2003, 01:04 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: horsepower est. and 1/4 mile times with boltons

My guess would be that you are somewhere between 315-325 rwhp. Track times......? Ya never know. It's an M6, so it depends on your driving more than anything.

Get some headers and nitrous.
Old 05-07-2003, 01:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

I have a 03 sierra with the 5.3 BUT I thought I would make some suggestions anyway.

I would definitely go with some headers. Im getting some AS&M's and they look to be some of the nicest headers out there. Pretty much he only option for my truck, IF I want long tube headers.

What long tube header options does your car have?

Headers would REALLY open up your engine.

Another mod you may want to consider is the LS6 cam, springs and maybe pushrods. I would LOVE to put them in my truck but since its an 03 I want to hang on to the warranty for as long as I can.
I have seen recent dyno charts showing a gain of 40hp to the wheels for a basically stock 5.3L LS6 cam equipped truck.

I also recently got the predator tuner. So how do you like yours? Did you do a before and after dyno with the predator?

I would really like to see the dyno results on your car AFTER the custom predator tune!

Anyway good luck and hope I gave you some constructive suggestions.
Old 05-07-2003, 11:28 AM
TECH Addict

i duno if yuor talking LS6 intake or the LS6 cam, but i wouldnt get the intake. On your stock internal car you wouldnt see much HP and its quiet expensive. Headers will give good HP gains.
Old 05-07-2003, 01:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

I have heard the same thing for LS1 based engines like my 5.3. LS6 intake manifolds are not really worth it at least definitely not for a truck BUT the cam, springs, and pushrods ARE!