Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacesetter w/slp y pipe and loudmouth 1 ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 07:45 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pacesetter w/slp y pipe and loudmouth 1 ?

I have a 2000 A4 T/A, and currently have slp y pipe and loudmouth 1 system....i am planning to order a set of pacesetter headers, and was wondering if anybody else has ever had this set up, will the long tubes bolt to the slp y pipe, and will it even sound good......a few people that i have talked to have said that it might sound like ***......just lookin for some help on this one......i just purchased the y pipe and loudmouth about 2 months ago and spent good money on it....it will really suck to have to change it already......open to suggestions or if anybody has had this set up HELP!
Old 06-21-2007, 08:32 AM
TECH Addict

hey bro, I got the same setup on my 02 Z28 except I am using the Pacesetter Cat-less Y pipe. I love the sound of mine! I mean it's loud....obnoxiously loud...lol....but it sounds good. I like my **** loud. It sounds like a race car....thats the only thing I can tell you.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:42 AM
11 Second Club

The SLP y-pipe will not work with the Pacesetters without some serious fabrication. It is made to bolt up to your stock cats, which will have to be removed when you install the headers. Sell it for what you can get for it and get the Pacesetter or TSP y-pipe.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:59 PM
Staging Lane

thanks for the info yall
Old 06-23-2007, 01:18 AM
Staging Lane

anybody know how much fab involved in gettin the pacesetters to bolt to the slp y pipe?............should be just the flanges right?.....
Old 06-23-2007, 09:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

It wont work. The SLP is made for stock manifolds, you'll need a Pacesetter or other brand ypipe.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

I think the pacesetter brand Y-pipe is only like $100 or something like that. I have good clearance with mine, so that is always good. Make sure you get the wide band clamps or it will most likely leak. I have the pacesetter lt, and ORY, loudmouth 1, and a mild cam. It is really loud. Expect to get pulled over, and to set lots of car alarms off. Everyone tells me it sounds mean as hell, and at WOT it sounds like a total race car. I know you dont want to hear this, but If i was you I would sell the slp Y-pipe and the catback and get the tsp true duals system. Then when you have enough money have someone run it out the back.
Old 06-24-2007, 11:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

i got the loudmouth1, pacesetter lt's and pacesetter Y pipe, and cammed also.. it will be loud..