Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anybody make urethane catback mounts?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 11:22 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anybody make urethane catback mounts?

My catback mounts are a little sloppy and the catback rattles a little on the panhard bar on the pass side.
Would an aftermarket panhard bar give it more clearance?
Old 06-23-2007, 11:37 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A tubular panhard bar might help with clearance. Just depends on where it's hitting. I don't know of any urethane stock type replacement hangers. Depending on what hanger you are talking about, a simple worm gear clamp may help take up some slack short of buying a new hanger.

Old 06-23-2007, 08:35 PM
Launching!

Thanks for the reply. It's actually the other mount causing me the most trouble, but that's a good idea for that one. The bottom of the pipe hits on the top of the panhard bar on the pass side sometimes. I was thinking I might be able to jam some sort of wedge between the bracket and the rubber mount. Or maybe just smack the bottom of the bracket with a BFH.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:43 PM
Launching!

Here's a photo of the catback looking from underneath. The problem is with the main pipe coming over the axle on the upper left corner of the pic. It was close before, but it just started hitting when I added headers and had to tweak the I pipe. I can push the whole catback up at least a 1/4" on that side with all the slop that's in the bracket.

Old 06-23-2007, 09:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice setup. Actually, it's not hitting the panhard but the brace for the panhard. BMR sells an expensive kit to to replace the brace and give you more room for the pipe on the passenger side. It would be much cheaper to bring it to a shop and have them cut the bracket and weld it a little lower on the pipe to raise it some more though. But that might throw the tips out of whack.