Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

loudmouth vs flowmasters/cut out

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 06:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default loudmouth vs flowmasters/cut out

i know that the flowmaster doesnt really flow worth a Sh%^ with our cars....well now i know...how much more hp gain would i gain if i switch to loudmouth?? and will it be as loud as having my cut out open before my flowmasters??

current set up is pacesetters, ory, cut out, and flow master (which) stays open most of the time.. i know the loud mouth has rasp issues ones you add headers..but so does the cut out when i gun it.

thanks for any input....
Old 06-23-2007, 06:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you have cats? I have the exact same setup as you and am in the market. I think loudmouth would sound bad. I have heard magnaflow sounds great for when you have the cutout closed. Bably any rasp and loud when you gun it. The cutout is raspy but i can live with it. I have no cats on my setup.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:50 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by djlackore
do you have cats? I have the exact same setup as you and am in the market. I think loudmouth would sound bad. I have heard magnaflow sounds great for when you have the cutout closed. Bably any rasp and loud when you gun it. The cutout is raspy but i can live with it. I have no cats on my setup.
no cats, ORY. the only reason i ask about loudmouth is , because a few weeks ago i heard a trans am with a loudmouth only ...no headers nothing and the thing sounded MEAN.... magnaflow will flow better with our cars but its too quiet i believe.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:52 PM
On The Tree

Yeah loudmouth sounds good without headers, but way more raspy then our cutouts....I would stay away from loudmouth if you dont like rasp. I can live with my rasp in my cutout but no more than that. I will have magna cause it flows good and my cutout. Where do you get your car inspected with no cats?
Old 06-23-2007, 09:33 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by djlackore
Yeah loudmouth sounds good without headers, but way more raspy then our cutouts....I would stay away from loudmouth if you dont like rasp. I can live with my rasp in my cutout but no more than that. I will have magna cause it flows good and my cutout. Where do you get your car inspected with no cats?

i live in a small college town...i took a chance and took it in to the regular shop i use. the guy looked under my car and saw me looking at him , but gave me the sticker any way...
Old 06-24-2007, 10:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

so how much of a difference was it after u added the cutout with the flowmasters? i have flowmasters right now, but im either gonna get a cutout or save for a true dual setup.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:26 AM
TECH Resident

LT's+ORY+Loudmouth= A car that sounds like an eruption of spewing assjuice...
Search Borlamouth or Dynamouth.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:32 AM
On The Tree

I have the pacesetter lt's and catted y, with flowmaster catback and cutout. Seems so quiet when I close it now. Don't feel much of a gain when opened or closed though. So I just leave it open!
Old 06-24-2007, 09:19 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Yahelou
so how much of a difference was it after u added the cutout with the flowmasters? i have flowmasters right now, but im either gonna get a cutout or save for a true dual setup.

hp gain ....i really couldt tell any, just sounds way louder. in a good way