Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just installed my longtubes

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 11:06 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Just installed my longtubes

I figure i will stick with the ls1tech tradition and post the i just installed my longtubes thread. So it took a while. It was myself and my girlfirneds brother. Hes a mechanic so i had an unfair advantage. We also had a pit in the garage, which ment no jacking up of the car. Old headers came off pretty easy. Old exhuast the bolts broke, as expected. Passanger side header slipped right in no problems, but getting the dipstick out was damn near impossible. By far getting the oil dipstick in and out was the hardest part of the header install..... Driverside took a little persuasion but it slipped up without removing the the steering, or notching anything. Taking the dipstick out would of been easier if i pulled the starter off probably, but i didn't really want to do that. The car is getting a custom 3 inch td setup this week, 3 inch x pipe, 3 inch moroso spiral flow mufflers, and 3 inch dumps at the rear end. I would of just bought texas speeds td setup but i called and was told it would take atleast 5-8 weeks to get. So as of tonight the car is open header. Check engine light was on of coarse because of the rear o2's not being hooked up.

Sound is bad ***, it sounds like i have a way more bad *** car then it actually is. Everyone was staring on the little drive around town i did. I got on it 2 times. It definatly feels faster. Noticably better, and 2nd gear spun harder.

Over all i was very happy with the ceramic coated pacesetter longtubes. They fit great, look great, and seem to perform well. Once i do a couple more mods i will get it tuned, and bring it to the track.

Chris
Old 06-24-2007, 11:17 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cant wait to get mine in
Old 06-24-2007, 11:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

grate to read this, i am just installing mine
Old 06-25-2007, 12:38 AM
12 Second Club

With mine felt good first night, and then started to feel slow....fuel smell and my gas mileage sucked. Put it on a dyno and gained over 20 rwhp alone with just getting the A/F correct(was 10.2:1 after the headers), was a cheap way to dial in the A/F and give me extra hp, 1/2 hour dyno time was all it took. Another good thing, is I had a wideband bung welded in at same time since I needed a correct A/F, so now I have it when I do get a wideband and will be a easy hookup.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:43 AM
12 Second Club

Ahhhh the feeling or accomplishment is wonderful after you get done installing your own header's on an F body . Header's wake these cars up so much....best mod I've done to date, along with the tune.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

been installing mine all day today just catchin snags constantly along the way until it got too cold and i had to stop. but hopefully tomorrow goes better and i can get out and drive the beast