Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone running TTS headers???

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2003, 09:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone running TTS headers???

I really like the quality of these headers, especially the ball fit flanges. What are the pros and cons? What kind of gains did you see with this system? Do they compare to the grotty style header? Also I noticed that the y-pipe comes with cats, I would like to do without that if possible. I would appreciate any info!!!
Old 05-08-2003, 08:15 AM
Z00
TECH Apprentice

Default Re: Anyone running TTS headers???

I have a set on my car. They aren't bad but I would probably get the QTP / Thunder Racing headers if I was going to get new ones now.

They were hard to install, had to beat on my driver's side floor board to get that header up.
I can't give you any performance numbers but I could easily tell a difference with them.

Also, you can't get the y-pipe without cats, that's one of my biggest gripes against them.
Old 05-08-2003, 07:09 PM
Launching!

My car is lowered so this brings up a big clearance issue!
Old 05-09-2003, 01:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

They are very good quality throughout. The passenger side is a snap, but the drivers side was a pain. I would buy the without the cats and y-pipe, and have a local shop build you one with the flowmaster y. I put down an extra 25 hp/ 25 ftlb to the wheels with my head cam car over the shorties that I replaced. That was with their y-pipe and cats. I am doing a new setup now without the cats, but it is still a work in progress.
Old 05-09-2003, 08:23 AM
Z00
TECH Apprentice

I occasionaly drag mine but it's mostly the cat area. If you didn't have the cats it wouldn't be as big of a problem.