Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 Hot Cam

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2003, 05:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 Hot Cam

Just trying to find out some more info on this cam. I just recently saw it for the first time in the GM Parts Performance Catalog. Has anyone tried it yet?
If so, is it worth it, and can I still keep my stock valvetrain with it? And lastly, is the any reprogramming of the car needed?
Thanks In Advance!
Old 05-08-2003, 06:08 PM
TECH Resident

Default Re: LS1 Hot Cam

Do a search for hotcam (in the INTERNAL ENGINE section!).

Tommy

BTW, I have it and love it!
Old 05-08-2003, 10:52 PM
TECH Junkie

good bang for buck for a daily driver thats not looking for an extream cam yes stock will work (ive been told) and yes you must reprogram
Old 05-09-2003, 12:05 AM
TECH Resident

Decent cam. A friend is making ~375 RWHP with the Hotcam, LS6 intake and LT's. Get the kit with the LS6 springs and change the stock springs. Programming is not needed on an M6 car but you may need to drill the TB or get programming with your A4 car. Opinions will differ about this cam but it has made proven power in a car I see regularly. Not too expensive, either!
Old 05-09-2003, 09:13 AM
TECH Junkie

Rob,
You need to do a search for "hotcam". There has to be a thousand posts on the subject. IMO its a good cam, choppy idle, no programming needed in M6 (although it would be beneficial), decent power and good midrange torque. Power peak is around 6100 normally. It comes as a kit with LS6 springs and you must use those springs. I think there are better choices out there, but its a nice, reliable, inexpensive upgrade to the stock setup - especially if you're planning on keeping your stock heads. Also a pretty good nitrous cam from what I've seen.