Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

powerpack, sweet thunder,.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 04:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default powerpack, sweet thunder,.....

I'm looking at going with a dumped y setup b/c I don't have the money to go to dual and the slp dual/dual that I have is way to quiet. I have hooker lt's and ory, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on a bullet or chambered muffler that would sound good. I am wanting something that has a real good deep tone and pretty loud, though not as loud as the cutout I have in the I-pipe right now. would doing a dumped y be much quieter?

I was thinking about going with a medium or long powerpack b/c I think it might be a deep tone that isn't to loud, am I wrong on this? and I am thinking powerpack over powerstick because they say the power pack is quieter.

I just want something that is loud(not as loud as the cutout though if possible) and has a very deep tone. and sounds good at idle.

any suggestions appreciated.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:49 PM
Launching!

also just saw some spiral flows? would those be quieter and deeper than a powerstick?
Old 07-25-2007, 05:01 PM
TECH Regular

Almost any muffler (hooker, magnaflow, borla, corsa, etc) if going to sounder quieter than a bullet and dumps.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:39 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 93redBIRDman
Almost any muffler (hooker, magnaflow, borla, corsa, etc) if going to sounder quieter than a bullet and dumps.
hmm... I wonder how a hooker or other regular muffler dumped would sound.....

Last edited by burnrubr88; 07-25-2007 at 06:12 PM.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:24 AM
MASS seller approved

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In order from quietest to loudest: Borla XR1 - Magnaflow Bullets - PowerPack - Dynomax Bullet

Borla XR-1 and Powerpack are the best sounding in my opinion. We can get you great prices on any of these.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:31 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Tim @ EAD Performance
In order from quietest to loudest: Borla XR1 - Magnaflow Bullets - PowerPack - Dynomax Bullet

Borla XR-1 and Powerpack are the best sounding in my opinion. We can get you great prices on any of these.
why the powerpack and not the power stick? what's the big difference in the two? and I am wanting a good deep sound which of those you listed would give me that?

oh and what kind of prices could you get me on the magnaflow bullets and powerpacks? the xr-1 is a little expensive for my wallet.

thanks
Old 07-26-2007, 07:51 PM
MASS seller approved

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Powerpack has a bit deeper sound to it. It does not have the crimps in the outer shell like the PowerStick, otherwise they are the same muffler.

The XR1 has a really deep smooth tone to it. Its easily the quietest of the mufflers, but it is still loud when you get on it. The PowerPack is deep and has more of a American Muscle rumble to it and is pretty loud.

Both are excellent choices, just need to decide if you want a smooth deep tone or if you want the rumble like a classic muscle car.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:59 AM
TECH Addict

Sweet Thunders are nice.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also have been looking into the powersticks or powerpacks for a true dual setup for my car. I will be watching this thread.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:21 AM
12 Second Club

My sweet thunders are very nice.

Quick Reply: powerpack, sweet thunder,.....