Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best source for Lt headers and pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 05:52 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Best source for Lt headers and pipe?

I am drawing near on completing my 2nd buildup on my 2001 C5 (new 436 super stroker solid roller, 4th clutch, new rearend, improved nitrous system, yada, yada, yada). Now I will be completely redoing all the performance and suspension on my wifes 1998 Z28. it's her daily driver w/100k miles and is real tired. I am putting my 389 iron block into her car. Things i need sources and best prices on:
1. LT headers and pipe. Already have good cat back system
2. All suspension components. High energy poly. springs/shocks on all 4 corners are super tired, too.
3. ZR1 5 spoke wheels. 17x11 rear. Which offset do i need here so tires dont rub fenders in corners??
4. anything else i may be overlooking.
5. oil cooler kit.

thanks for the input!
Old 05-19-2003, 06:31 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Best source for Lt headers and pipe?

ebay!
Old 05-19-2003, 11:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

ebay!
Either that or get you a set of Jet hots. Thats pretty bad *** that your wife is into cars like you are. Most people chicks dont like these cars and nag about them being too fast or too loud or the exhaust stings or it rides too rough and so on
Old 05-20-2003, 12:03 AM
On The Tree

yes, it is too cool that my wife is into it. She loves to go down to the strip with me and watch. In fact, she's my PR rep at the track. My car attracts a huge amount of attention. when i am in the lanes between rounds, there's always a ton of people trying to ask me a million questions. Since my side business is building and tuning LS1 motors, i try to keep up with it all and pass out business cards. but sometimes i am trying to get ready for next race or something, so, Marcia fields a lot of questions for me. She knows everything about my car all the way down to how much the heads flow at which lifts, compression ratio, internal engine component brand names, engine power levels n/a and with various levels of nitrous, best ET's, traps, etc, how much i tubbed the rear end, how the roll cage went in, etc. She's great!!

Robert Judd
Gen III Motorsports