Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Went from catback to duals....

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 11:36 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Went from catback to duals....

And boy, why did I wait so long?? I upgraded from catted y-pipe with hooker catback to TSP Duals with spiral flows.

First impressions. When you start the car, its noticeably louder. While driving the sound when accelerating is AWESOME!!. WOT through the first 3 gears is pure muscle car sounding. When cruising, I have to be honest. The interior sound is slightly louder than cruising with the old set up. Perhaps its the mufflers, but all those people who complain about the interior sound while cruising, I just dont see where youre coming from....But when I get a cam next month, that opinion may change.

I will never put a y-pipe/catback on this car again

Sorry no vids or pics yet
Old 07-31-2007, 11:43 AM
TECH Addict

congrats, i'd love to go duals, but im afraid of how loud its gonna be once i get a nice cam in there...
Old 07-31-2007, 12:57 PM
TECH Veteran

^ same here too.. Kinda.. I don't think the volume will bother me too much.. I really want the TSP Duals w/ sweet thunders.. I'll prolly end up doing a cam w/in 6 months, so it may change things a bit too... You can allways swap mufflers somewhat easily...

Although it's a muscle car... it's not supposed to be comfortable, just fast... If you want comfort and speed, get a new vette...