Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle Body Port & Polish Material Questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 01:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle Body Port & Polish Material Questions

Searched, but I am missing two bits of info, or would like more options for them,,,

1. what are the two different size Stainless Steel tubes,,,originally, i know what i want to use them for, but when im at Lowe's,,I cant say" wheres the SS tubing that all those car folks are using to P&P their TB's with?"...........where do i get them, and what size are you all using?

2. What kind of metal epoxy is being used and liked by everyone

thanx for the help!! My TB is polished a lil bit, but nothing like i have found in the sitckies and other threads,,,,so,,,im on a mission! Its free, im currently broke, so its a good time to do it.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

on this same note what bits are being used to polish?
Old 08-01-2007, 03:26 PM
11 Second Club

what you want is basically the same thing head porters use. only, if your unexperienced, just skip the alum. grinding bur, and instead use a 60grit sand paper cartrige roll for the rough shaping. then switch to 120 medium grit for smoothing, then 320 from there to polish. if you really want it smooth then you could use a buffer wheel in there on the grinder (electric hand grinder or pneumatic die grinder) you might be able to use a drill if you dont have access to a grinder, but I bet it burns out since they really arent made for continous duty.

only thing to really be careful of, is DONT MAKE THE HOLE OVERSIZE. as in, shine a light behind the blade and moniter the gap to make sure you dont increase the gap around the blade. you dont port that part anyway, just blend up to it really.

sorry, cant answer the other questions except I do know Permatex "cold weld" is an excellent epoxy and is resistant to oil and gasoline or anything else.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:29 PM
TECH Addict

Thanx! ,,and thanx for athe third question, too,,Anyone else,?,I know there are some seasoned P&P's on here....
Old 08-01-2007, 05:05 PM
11 Second Club

just blend in the lip in front of the throttle blade....and polish the rest......i couldnt imagine epoxy breaking loose and going in my engine.......that lip is really the only restriction on the t/b....
Old 08-02-2007, 08:52 AM
TECH Addict

Ttt,,,
Old 08-02-2007, 09:03 AM
TECH Addict

if you have no dremel, die grinder or drill, you'll need a 55 gallon drum of elbow grease
Old 08-02-2007, 11:46 AM
11 Second Club

Received 69 Likes on 50 Posts

make sure to outline the edge of the blade with a sharpie and not to go past that line otherwise the idle will be thrown off. I didn't trust myself not to slip so i just ported mine with the blade still intact so i wouldn't pass it. mae sure to dothe other little mods too they IMO really help. (ex: bump stop, half shaft, knife edge blade etc)