Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hooker LT/cats/LM question and opinions

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2003, 01:32 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default hooker LT/cats/LM question and opinions

Okay, after MUCH research and searching of several message boards I have come to the conclusion, I think, that I want hooker longtubes and NOT macs (due to want of cam later). Would install them myself, then have a shop custom fab a Y-pipe with carsound #94109 cats. The questions are....

1) I know that it will be LOUD, but that is just fine with me since the cats should kill the rasp. People with LT's, cats and LM how does it sound and do you have/know of sound clips? On the same note, those with LT/cats/LM that added a bullet to the I-Pipe what did that do to sound/volume?

2) I have read a few diff things about the O2 sensors and problems encountered with them. Is it worth spending $80 for O2 sims to avoid problems? You don't need extensions for the front O2 sims, right?

3) Those with cats on hooker LT's by way of a cutom Y-pipe, not the expensive Mufflex, how much did the shop charge for making the y-pipe?

4) Lastly, I also read a lot about the AFR going rich after long tubes, and I will NOT be able to afford to do anything after headers as they are pushing it to begin with.....how much did you get w/o tuning and what was left "on the table" and picked up with tuning?

Sorry about this, I asked a LOT in one post on several topics, but it is driving me nuts I just can't figure this out there are way too many decisions to make

(also posted on LS1.com)
Old 05-20-2003, 09:13 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: hooker LT/cats/LM question and opinions

I've got the Hooker LT,ORP, Loud mouth with the bullet. the bullet contain some of the raspy noisey between 2200-3000 rpm. the car sound is quite agressive, it might sound like a nascar a WOT in the upper R's
i'd get the 02 simms so you won't throw a SES light, you might go rich, but i wouldn't worry about it until you get the cam and tuning for max performance.
Old 05-21-2003, 07:10 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the header and y-pipe set up from Quick Time Performance. Give them a call and they will tell you everything you want to know about their stuff. Have you checked out their website? It's over there ------------------------------------------->
Old 05-21-2003, 08:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Uhhhhhh, I can't afford anything except for Hookers or Macs really. Like I said, it's down to them hopefully the Hookers b/c I just cannot afford anything that costs more. I could get almost get macs or hookers, a y-pipe, and carsound cats for the price of just the headers from QTP

I have basically decided on Hookers and am trying to make sure that is what I want and figure out the little things, such as getting a catted y-pipe and making sure it will sound okay......and as I said, it can't be too loud so long as the sound quality is okay