Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone ever used.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 03:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anyone ever used.....

the Holley or Weiand style LS6 intake manifold? They are both aluminum, does these generate more heat? What about gains are they typical of the GM style intake?
Old 08-02-2007, 06:56 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive got the weiand...they are both the same holley owns weiand....so some call it holley.....the heat soak bs is an unproven myth....ive ran back to back passes at the track and no e/t decrease.....the weiand flows a little better than the ls6...it can be opened up to 80mm+...and can be fully ported.....i love the looks of the manifold....
Old 08-02-2007, 07:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The only people I've heard claim the weiand is better than the LS6 are weiand owners. I could be wrong but there are dyno tests posted on here somewhere, and the only thing better than the LS6 is the FAST, and even then the FAST 78 isn't worth it, just the FAST 90.

Bottom line, if you want show go for show, but if you want flow get an LS6

heat soak is absolutely not "unproven bs" and that is an absolutely rediculous statement. It's fu(kin metal as compared to composite, it WILL retain more heat and run hotter than an LS6, period. You may run consistent with your hotter metal intake, but that doesn't mean it's a cool as a LS6. You can't compare your own setup to your own setup, you have to compare to the other intake in question
Old 08-02-2007, 07:57 PM
11 Second Club

Default gret so tired of.......

Originally Posted by oneBADDz
The only people I've heard claim the weiand is better than the LS6 are weiand owners. I could be wrong but there are dyno tests posted on here somewhere, and the only thing better than the LS6 is the FAST, and even then the FAST 78 isn't worth it, just the FAST 90.

Bottom line, if you want show go for show, but if you want flow get an LS6

heat soak is absolutely not "unproven bs" and that is an absolutely rediculous statement. It's fu(kin metal as compared to composite, it WILL retain more heat and run hotter than an LS6, period. You may run consistent with your hotter metal intake, but that doesn't mean it's a cool as a LS6. You can't compare your own setup to your own setup, you have to compare to the other intake in question
POSTING this damn link.....your whole post is bullshit please click here and read

man metal intakes have been used since the first automobile was built.....Im showing proof of what ive said..
show me some proof of the heat soak bullshit...please....
the ls6 cant be opened up at all ...why post about somthing you obviously know nothing about...you guys can have your weak ugly *** plastick intakes....
Old 08-02-2007, 08:46 PM
12 Second Club

I think what he is trying to say is that if ur doing so good with ur weind...imagine if u could do better with an intake that doesnt retain as much heat.....as u say no one has proved heat soak but no one has been able to deny it 100% either.....I have a buddy that has the weind, and his car feels good doesnt seem that the weind is affected by heat but we wont know unless he slaps an LS6 on there and tries again.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:56 PM
11 Second Club

im saying i tested this myth at the track.....i ran hot laps then let the car set and heatsoak and my e/t actualy dropped a tenth.....so i say its bs.....
Old 08-02-2007, 09:00 PM
12 Second Club

But then u didnt back up ur test with a plastic ls6 intake either.........i understand that u did good or even better....but it is common sense that metal retains heat more so than plastic.....u cant deny that metal retains more heat than plastic, weather its enough to effect performance we wont know untill the same car is ran in the same conditions with the 2 different intakes.......if u ran at night obviously the later it gets the cooler it gets and the better ur car runs.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:09 PM
11 Second Club

nope middle of the day.....plastic does absorb heat.......my point is noone has proven either way so why throw off on a good reasonable priced performing manifold.....I just get tired of hearing it and I have the manifold...anyone that looks at my bay compliments on how good the manifold looks....
Old 08-02-2007, 09:16 PM
12 Second Club

I agree i dont think its as bad as people make it out to be....but if u can get an LS6 intake for 325 shipped in the forsale section and u dont plan on spraying then why pay for the weind...right? If u are forced to buy new and the price between the LS6 and the weind is the same or very similar then i would also buy the weind, since im a nitrous fan.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:21 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 5_02ls1
im saying i tested this myth at the track.....i ran hot laps then let the car set and heatsoak and my e/t actualy dropped a tenth.....so i say its bs.....

I have a ls6, but at the dyno, my 3rd run netting the highest numbers, my car was 210 degress and I have not done the the coolant bypass "mod" yet.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:32 PM
11 Second Club

Default .....

Originally Posted by RacerScott
I have a ls6, but at the dyno, my 3rd run netting the highest numbers, my car was 210 degress and I have not done the the coolant bypass "mod" yet.
so you gained and i gained if the intake does absorb more heatb id say its very little and not enough to lower power....
Old 08-02-2007, 10:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Umm...how many million posts cover this issue??

Search Button
Old 08-02-2007, 10:05 PM
11 Second Club

not as many as you would think...i use the hell out of search when it works....
Old 08-02-2007, 10:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The heat the the manifold retains is not hot enough to effect the air that goes through to the combustion chamber. The air constantly moves through, it does not stay there to heat up. The weiand has a huge advantage also in FI applications and in nitrous applications. Have you ever seen a composite manifold after a nitrous backfire? Just try and find all the pieces
Old 08-03-2007, 06:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the metal intake WILL run hotter than an LS6, to claim any different is stupid. Metal retains more heat than plastic. I didn't say your intake would get hotter and hotter throughout the day and cause your times to change so pay attention to what the **** I'm saying before you try to tear my post apart. I said it is hotter than an LS6, and it is, period. you're a jackass that defends it because you own it