Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6500rpms = damage

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 10:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 6500rpms = damage

Hey guys was crusin on the highway and decided to go through all the gears, after I hit 150 I decided that was fun enough a it was really windy. As I slowed down I noticed that my battery wasn't charging. First thought, through a belt and second thought, alternator crapped out. Drove it like that for about a half an hour just to barley make it home Diaginosed it more and didn't take much to see it was an alternator. Well simple enough, but real problem is finding one right NOW and bigger problem is finding one in a little **** hole town where I had to pit in at on my way to a wedding(parents). So, my question that might be retarded but don't really care right now is, what years will work on the 2001? Will any LS1 off of a TA or Camaro work? Or more or less? I thought of hitting up some wreckers tomorrow even if it means driving a couple hours in the morning. Any help would be great, I am 1.5 hours away from home and 1 further from the wedding that I was on my way to. Just luckily made it half way to my parents house to hit the booze for now I got the burt son of a bithc out and ready for a donor. I tried a couple searches but honeslty don't ahve the time right now guys. Any help would be great. I need my baby back on the road
Old 08-03-2007, 11:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

An easy way to check would be to go to advanceautoparts.com and see if the part numbers match for the years. I'd think that they would work from 98-02.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:09 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Part numbers are the same for a 98 and 02, so any f-bod in them years,
Old 08-03-2007, 11:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks guys for the help, saved me some headaches. Search will start tomar, hopefully I will luck out. Have a good night all