Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

injectors

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 08:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default injectors

i'm having problems with fuel rail switching over...how do i get the plugs off of the injectors and do i need to take the whole intake off in order to get the rails back that far it's a 98 trans am ls1 is there a thread or something on step by step how to do it? i have the new injectors already put onto the new rails outside of car just need to get old rails off with old injectors...
Old 08-06-2007, 09:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm confused, are you talking about the electrical clips? If so you just push that metal piece in and wiggle it up and it comes off. If you are talking about taking the injectors out of the fuel rail, then you remove the black retaining clips and pull the injector out. Make sure you get the o ring out from the top and the bottom.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:56 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah i wasn't sure how to get the electrical clip off...i wasn't sure if i had to pull the metal thing out or push it in...do i need to bleed the fuel line first? i know that in my brothers car he has a pressure release switch in his trunk but i havn't seen anything like it in the trans am
Old 08-07-2007, 07:46 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a valve stem in the front right corner. You can push that to remove the pressure. The best thing is to remove it, because if you dont get all the pressure out when you remove the line it could shoot out.