Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possible to extract 2 functional exhaust tips from a 1 in 1 out muffler?

Old 08-09-2007, 09:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible to extract 2 functional exhaust tips from a 1 in 1 out muffler?

As stated in thread title...

I'm lookin' at gettin' a spintech to replace my current FM and the race series i'm looking at only come w/ 1 in and 1 out... thing is i'd like 2 functional tips.

I was thinking i could run a Y collector from the 1 out and have 2 pipes fabbed up from there to the exhaust pockets on the back bumper. Any ideas or even pictures? Thanks for the help.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:13 AM
TECH Junkie

you'll have to bend 180* after the Y...sounds heavy and expensive, not to mention a bit ugly.

how bout install a cutout before the muffler, but after the axle loop. then run a pipe from the cutout to the passenger tip, the other side though the muffler out the driver side.

basically like a borla.

then you can get loud if you want...and you'll still have 2 tips
Old 08-10-2007, 01:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man I would just run Spintech's crossflow muffler like I mentioned in your other thread... I don't think it's gonna hurt your flow that bad at all, plus I think it would sound better vs what your wanting to do with the single in/out set-up imo.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:06 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by MM98
Man I would just run Spintech's crossflow muffler like I mentioned in your other thread... I don't think it's gonna hurt your flow that bad at all, plus I think it would sound better vs what your wanting to do with the single in/out set-up imo.
You mean the street muffler (as opposed to their race ones) w/ the 1 in 2 out? Just lookin' for a pretty nasty sound, much like what my friend here in town had... sounds like this

I know he's got a cam but i also plan on doing an H/C swap this Xmas before i do my exhaust.

Search this Thread