Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did Corsa solve the weld breaking....

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2003, 10:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did Corsa solve the weld breaking....

I will be swapping my exhaust on my 99 SS and my 00 WS6. My SS has Grott headers, no cats, 3 inch y-pipe, and SLP LM. The WS6 has completely stock exhaust with a cutout. I plan to add headers and remove the cats. Corsa had a lot of issues with their mufflers falling apart and rattling. Most of these issues seemed to be on cars w/ OR y-pipes.
Old 05-24-2003, 08:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Did Corsa solve the weld breaking....

ttt
Old 05-24-2003, 08:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Corsa

They make beautiful mufflers, but they sound like *** and they do break. Happened to a friend of mine. I'd consider something else if I were you. He replaced his Corsa with a Hooker catback and it sounds great now. The Corsa was just an undescribably disgusting sound. It was pretty tho.

And he purchased his Corsa system late last year, replaced it with the Hooker within the last month or two.

-Andrew
Old 05-24-2003, 11:08 PM
TECH Resident

Corsa

They make beautiful mufflers, but they sound like *** and they do break. Happened to a friend of mine. I'd consider something else if I were you. He replaced his Corsa with a Hooker catback and it sounds great now. The Corsa was just an undescribably disgusting sound. It was pretty tho.

And he purchased his Corsa system late last year, replaced it with the Hooker within the last month or two.

-Andrew
What would you consider a good sounding exhaust? I get compliments on my Corsa's sound & looks all the time.
Old 05-24-2003, 11:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

I have spoken with Jim Browning at Corsa and he said they have gotten the weld issue resolved w/in the past few months. So if you got a new one then you're fine
Old 05-25-2003, 07:55 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've blown up 3 Corsa's so far The latest muffler they sent looks alot better in the weld department.I really don't mind changing them.It only takes about 15 minutes for a nice shiney muffler for free.There warrenty and service is great
Old 05-25-2003, 10:15 AM
On The Tree

I haven't had any problems with my corsa yet but it makes me feel good that if and when I do break it they'll just send me a new one. I love the sound and looks of it
Old 05-25-2003, 08:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I plan on getting a Corsa as soon as I find a good deal on a used one with premium tips. They look great and sound awesome in my opinion. I haven't heard the hooker so I can't compare but the unrefined sound of my loudmouth makes the Corsa sound like a hundred person quire in a tiled bathroom.
Old 05-25-2003, 09:39 PM
TECH Resident

True duals are sweet but EXPENSIVE. I emailed stainless Works and for a true dual set-up over the axle is $1200-$1500.00! Thats crazy. I think I have narrowed it down to two systems: Hooker catback & SLP DD. I don't drive my SS in bad weather so stainless steel isn't a concern. My main objective is to quiet the car a bit and eliminate the rasp. My exhaust consists of :
Grottyohann headers with 3 inch grott y-pipe ;custom flanged to cat by-pass pipes
SLP Loudmouth

If I decide on the Hooker, would it sound good, no rasp? I am debating about adding a dynomax muffler in place of the resonator, with the Hooker.
Old 05-26-2003, 02:00 AM
TECH Addict

Duals dumped at the axle. Most likely about $400. Sounds awesome.
Old 05-26-2003, 09:02 PM
TECH Resident

Anyone have some good pictures of a true dual set-up with dumps before axle? What kind of mufflers you guys using on that set-up? I don't want to lose a lot of ground clearance though.
Old 05-26-2003, 09:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

I recently got my 1st replacement Corsa muffler. My system was very early in their LS1 productions (before they had 2 styles of tips) and lasted quite a while, considering. The new one looked very good all shined up and once I got it on, it sounded great! I wouldnt hesitate buying one of their new systems whatsoever. I've never had anyone say anything negative about the sound BTW