Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need you opinion on Cylinder Heads- Winter Project!!

Old 08-19-2007, 01:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need you opinion on Cylinder Heads- Winter Project!!

What I have is a LS1 in a Jeep Wrangler. It is mostly used out to the sand dunes in Michigan, so I am higher RPM's, and like to go fast now. I am running a TH-350 trans, 4.56 gears, one ton DANA 60 axles, coil-over shocks, and 35" Boggers. I am very happy with the way it performs now, but it has been this way for about 3 years, and it is time for a change. All I have done to the engine now is LS6 intake, and an off idle comp. cam. I am thinking about changing the cam again when I change the heads to make it all around better performer. I have three 5.3 liter engines sitting in the garage and was thinking about taking a set off one of them and exchanging for a set of stage 3 ported and polished, and maybe going with the GM Hot Cam. I was not sure if that would be too much or not. If you could let me know what you all think would be my best option that would be great. This is going to be my winter project!!!

Thanks for all the help in advance!!!!
Old 08-19-2007, 03:28 PM
12 Second Club

all depends on what your budget consists of. AFR heads and a nice cam to match your gear and stall will wake up your jeep
Old 08-24-2007, 03:34 PM
On The Tree

Is there anyone else with an opinion?
Old 08-24-2007, 04:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

You could probably get more responses if you asked this in the Internal engine section.

Search this Thread