Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of my Kooks 1 7/8 headers installed Pics!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 08:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pics of my Kooks 1 7/8 headers installed!

Well my hands are ripped up and I'm tired and sore as HELL but I got my Kooks 1 7/8" Long tubes and ORY all installed with my "minimalist exhaust".

lol.. stock LCA's make great Wheel chocks!

I painted the ORY just because I'm not a fan of seeing anything that stands out under a car. just not my bag.

a shot of my nasty rigged exhaust.. Yes that the entire exhaust clamped to the Y. I'm going to change it soon but this works for now.

As anyone would expect its insanely loud though with this exhaust setup. Kinds of fun especially in underpasses.. lol.. but overall its too Damn loud!! I planned on getting some Magnaflow Spun cats anyhow so it should be more tame after that. I just need a dry evening to do some tuning since the tune is way off now.

finally the usual ground clearance pics. Car is stock height with 26" tall tires both front and rear. ground clearance is not bad at all!

Attached Thumbnails Pics of my Kooks 1 7/8 headers installed Pics!-headers_12.jpg   Pics of my Kooks 1 7/8 headers installed Pics!-headers_13.jpg  

Last edited by sixvi6-camaro; 08-19-2007 at 09:05 PM.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

sweet, how long did the install take?
Old 08-19-2007, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not sure because I stopped several times and didn't pay attention to the time. My guess is around 9-10 hours total. I did it all on stands with a small jack in the garage so it was not always the easiest and fastest but I got it done.

Pic during the install. you can see the jack I was using with a good 6" of wood on it as a spacer. My jack stands were maxxed out too and it was still not quite high enough.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I bet its pretty loud!! Congrats and go wake up the neighbors now!!!!LOL!!
Old 08-19-2007, 09:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

The rigged exhaust setup sounded great with the stock Y and manifolds and was not too loud cruising around but screamed when I stood on it. Now its just screaming pissed off all the time the neighbors will hate me but ohh well.. I'm going to change the exhaust and it will be quieter.