Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

whats the best headers to go with??

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2003, 07:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats the best headers to go with??

im planning on getting headers soon and i want to see which ones to go with on my 1998 z28 anyone no which ones make the best power?
Old 05-25-2003, 08:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: whats the best headers to go with??

That is kind of a "loaded question". The best answer is that it all depends, but I'm sure that someone can give you a list of the ones most likely to give hihg power outputs, but they will be expensive. I am getting headers in the next one to two months and have researched them a lot in the low to mid price range. The best thing I've read, in brief, said....
If you have no money, and don't plan engine mods, get Macs.
If you have a little money or plan engine mods get the Hookers or Jet-Hot longtubes.
If you have a lot of money or want the best get some better more expensive ones. (not sure what to tell ya here, I can't afford expensive ones )

I think the best buy is a set of Jet-Hots, there is GP now for like $511 or so shipped they are pretty good, based of the Hookers. Or the Hookers for $410 uncoated. You hae to get a custum y-pipe if you want cats, though I hear that they will have a catted y-pipe in like six weeks maybe

Hope that helps, just try searching this and other sites like LS1.com you will find a lot.
Old 05-25-2003, 10:30 PM
Staging Lane

I've been looking at FLP's long tube headers. They are suppose to be really good from what I've heard. I think I'm a little limited in my choices since I've
lowered my Camaro by about 2 inches. The FLP's apparently don't hang as low as most of the others.

Old 05-26-2003, 04:52 AM
12 Second Club

Well from what I've been reading in this forum, the most popular expensive ones are QTP's and Kook's. But they all say you get what you pay for. I've heard that QTP's are a longer wait but are worth the wait. I've also heard that Kook's are nice too, and you can get them faster, but I believe they take a little more effort to install. Both of these companies are sponsors over there------------------------------------->
Old 05-26-2003, 09:06 AM
Teching In

I just had the Hooker's installed with their 3" y-pipe. Really nice looking stuff and I did not lose much if any clearance. My car is only lowered an inch but I have no problems with bottoming out.