Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stock headers and true duals ?????????

Old 08-20-2007, 01:40 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default stock headers and true duals ?????????

So im thinking of switching exhausts, have been for awhile. What Im wondering is what is it like running TDs from stock headers, if its even possible? Are you gonna see any increase in HP, decrease? Isnt it going to sound right? Any help would be great. Thanks.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

don't do it.....save your money and buy the headers first. It wouldn't sound bad, but if ever decide to put headers on it down the road, then you need more exhaust work done. The bottom line is, do it right and do it once.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by turbowhistle86
don't do it.....save your money and buy the headers first. It wouldn't sound bad, but if ever decide to put headers on it down the road, then you need more exhaust work done. The bottom line is, do it right and do it once.
AGREED...[although if low on bucks, take cats off and add c/out....]..I first put a QTEC on..then I removed the cats.....sounded much better though...Emissions inspections here got lax...so I put on LT's....only way to go..[recently had to put cats back on for emissions...gonna take them off though...sound is much better w/o catties.]
Old 08-20-2007, 03:23 PM
12 Second Club

Both of the above posters I agree with, however, maybe he doesn't want to get headers. IIRC, Basanni makes a true dual setup, out of the box, that hooks up to stock manifolds. It sounds very good.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 95 Z28
Both of the above posters I agree with, however, maybe he doesn't want to get headers. IIRC, Basanni makes a true dual setup, out of the box, that hooks up to stock manifolds. It sounds very good.
YUP--suggested he might be low on bucks---that is the ONLY reason to do this...OR emissions.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i do not have any dyno gains, but i have sound clips of TDs on both stock manifolds and LTs
Old 08-20-2007, 05:30 PM
On The Tree

I have the Bassani set-up, hooks up to the stock cats. But I went the route of edelbrock shorties (CARB legal) kept the stock cats and Bassani TD's. Sounds awesome, not loud but really throaty. Powerwise I felt a big difference, but did the whole swap at the same time so I dont know if the shorties made all that much of a difference in themselves.

I got a good deal on the Bassani's, Stainless 795.00 shipped.

Search this Thread