Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do you remove the A/C?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 11:54 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How do you remove the A/C?

Mine went dead, it won't hold a charge.. I've used it 3 times in the last 2 years.. so I'm just going to pull it.

Does anyone have a walkthrough or some general directions?

Is this something that can be done in a couple hours in front of the condo complex without jacks?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated
Old 08-22-2007, 12:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its pretty easy...you are going to atleast need some ramps...i just found all the mounting bolts, and took them all off...if its not holding a charge, then there shouldnt be any pressure left...i had the same problem...i was told not to cut the electrical connector though...not sure why, but trust the guy that told me, so i didnt
Old 08-22-2007, 12:05 AM
Banned

thanks for the fast reply.. do I need to remove the radiator for this? What is involved in removing the condensor and the lines? I don't think the compressor should be too tough. I can't picture in my mind right now where everything is located..
Old 08-22-2007, 12:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i didnt remove the radiator...the little condenser behind the radiator is still on my car...theres a little fitting that you can unbolt and the ac compressor with all the lines come off...if i remember correctly, you have to pull the main belt off before you can take the belt that goes to your ac compressor comes off...the mount that also hold the ac compressor can come off as well as the tensioner pulley...i might have a couple of things backwards or whatnot...its been about a year since i took it off...for the most part, just use common sense...like i said its pretty simple
Old 08-22-2007, 12:20 AM
Banned

I can do simple

I just can't picture it, but once I climb under the the car with my tools and start unbolting things.. it should explain itself it sounds like.

I'm going to see if I can get the condensor out from behind the radiator too.. if it involves removing the radiator though, I'll leave it for now.

Thakns again for the response.

Old 08-30-2007, 09:34 AM
Staging Lane

How was the removal? Im about to go at it tommorow. I was wondering if removing the a/c will set any codes to set ses light or to fail an emissions test?