Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Somethings leaking

Old 08-22-2007, 01:41 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Somethings leaking

I was having the oil changed today in the car, and I noticed that there was something leaking. It was a redish tinted liquid. I think it was coolant, but not sure. It looks like it is leaking from the thermostat housing which makes me think its coolant. If I put a new gasket on the thermostat housing and it does not fix the problem, where do ytou all think it could be coming from? Possibly the water pump? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you an auto? B/C tranny fluid is red. collant is like a light redis pinish color. More than likely your culprit is your water pump, notorious for going out.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:59 PM
Launching!

No, the car is an M6. How would you tell if the water pump was going bad? Would it just leak?
Old 08-29-2007, 07:28 PM
Launching!

I replaced the thermostat housing the other day thinking that was where the leak was from, but today I found out that it was not the problem. I am looking towards replacing the water pump with an electric one, but I just want to make sure thats the problem. How do I find it that is actually the problem?
Old 08-29-2007, 07:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002ssls1
I replaced the thermostat housing the other day thinking that was where the leak was from, but today I found out that it was not the problem. I am looking towards replacing the water pump with an electric one, but I just want to make sure thats the problem. How do I find it that is actually the problem?

dude like i said your water pump is the culprit. go get an electric one, and beleive it or not you will gain prolly 3 RWHP and of course better cooling But it is expensive

Search this Thread