Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Don't know which catback to get

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 09:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't know which catback to get

This is my first post here, i just joined. I've read some of the posts about exhuast and i'm not to familiar with the gmmg,true dual setup, and i never seen a cutout b 4. I'm real close to going and getting a slp loudmouth for my 02' z28. Or would it be best if i got the slp dual/dual. I have only 17k miles on it and want a system thats loud and lets some one know thats this car has a v8 thats hungry. My uncle has an lt1 94' z28 and suggests that i go borla or flowmaster. IF anyone can give me some helpful suggestions such as the pro's and con's of the top systems that most people are putting on their ls1's.
Old 05-27-2003, 10:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: Don't know which catback to get

My personal favorites are:
Mufflex
Hooker
GMMG

IF your going to keep your cats, most of those exhausts might be a bit too quiet, so the Loudmouth might be a good way to go.
Old 05-27-2003, 10:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

if your going to keep the stock manifolds/ y-pipe i'd get loudmouth. mine was perfect for me just to get a good exhaust note. but now that i have headers etc and i could do it all over again i would keep my stock catback or probably get the slp dual/dual, and get a cutout with a qtp electric opener. save money and keep it quiet when needed.
Old 05-28-2003, 06:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Go with the Borla
Old 05-28-2003, 07:24 AM
Launching!

if your going to keep the stock manifolds/ y-pipe i'd get loudmouth. mine was perfect for me just to get a good exhaust note.
I agree.
With my exhaust set-up now I have the 4"Mufflex and everyone seems to love the sound.
Old 05-28-2003, 10:42 PM
TECH Junkie

i have a borla and love it as for when i dump cats and do headders id think u'd wanna go true 3 inch duals then if not your really not getting all you can get out of lt's but for now (until my warrenty is up) id get a borla its pritty loud with no real interrior resonance and it is easily adjustable to quiet it down if you need it to be you can find a good condition used one for like 350-400 on this bord thats what i did and i have no regrets and if you plan on doing headders than imo just get a cust dual 3 inch one done at a local shop this way youl get the most bang for buck if anyhting dont go flowmaster cause ive heard form a good deal of folks that it flows poorly and really dont that good
Old 05-28-2003, 11:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Random Tech or Loudmouth.
Old 05-29-2003, 03:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Random tech, hooker, dual/dual, or GMMG. Loudmouth is too raspy, especially if you do any other exhaust mods down the line.
Old 05-29-2003, 09:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

LM w/stock manifolds and cats will make your car sound angry.Some people don't like the LM,i've had nothing but compliments on how my car sounds.I'm very happy with mine.A co-worker has SLP Headers W/GMMG on a 01 T/A and my car is louder than his.We had both cars at Discount tire last night and fired them both up at the same time.The workers there liked the LM..believe it or not.