Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removed A/c Reporting Weight

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 08:24 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removed A/c Reporting Weight

I Removed All A/c Hardware Except The Evaporater. I Got Compressor, Condensor, Accumulator And Lines And Brackets And Bolts, Belt, Pulley. I Think I Have To Go Through The Dash For The Evaporator So I Will Look At It Next Week. All Parts Including Bolts Added Up To 32lbs. The Recovery Machine Said It Removed 24lbs Of R134a. I Dont Know If This Is Actaul Weight Or Maybe A Psi Or Something. Car At Idle Is Smoother, But U Dont Feel The Extra 3 Hp. So Far So Good! If Anyone Needs Any Parts Pm Offers.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

LOL LOL

I beleive thats 2.4 lbs of R134a. Hope you don't live somewhere hot. I'd rather have the A/C than a 32lb lighter car. You caould have achieved the same by moving the battery to the rear of the car.

Your gonna have to pull the entire dash to get the evaporator. It's simply not worth it for the 3-4lbs it weighs.

Re'
Old 09-01-2007, 09:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Congratulations. You removed 32 lbs from a 361 hp car. So now instead of having a fast street car you have a slow race car. When you have the dash apart to remove that heavy aluminum evaporator, remove the stereo too. Race cars don't need stereos either.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:34 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2xLS1
Congratulations. You removed 32 lbs from a 361 hp car. So now instead of having a fast street car you have a slow race car. When you have the dash apart to remove that heavy aluminum evaporator, remove the stereo too. Race cars don't need stereos either.

HAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 09-01-2007, 09:55 AM
Staging Lane

YOU DONT NEED TO RAG, IM JUST INFORMING OTHERS OF THE WEIGHT THAT CAN BE REMOVED FROM A/C. NOW PEOPLE CAN DECIDE IF THEY REALLY WANT TO REMOVE IT OR NOT. IN ALL THE YEARS THAT IVE HAD THE CAR IVE ONLY USED THE A/C ABOUT THREE TIMES. AND THATS WHEN ITS HOT HUMID AND I GET STUCK IN TRAFFIC. FOR THE LAST 3 YEARS ITS BEEN SITTING IN THE GARAGE AND I USUALLY HAVE THE T TOPS OFF, I DRIVE MOSTLY WHEN ITS CRUISING WEATHER OUT. I DO AGREE THOUGH IF IT WAS MY DAILY DRIVER 32 LBS OFF THE FRONT END IS NOT WORTH IT. HEY MY RADIO KEEPS GIVING ME E20 SO MAYBE I WILL TAKE IT OUT!