Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ENGINE SMOKING PLEASE HELP QUICK!! (possibly AIR system delete problem)

Old 09-03-2007, 06:20 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ENGINE SMOKING PLEASE HELP QUICK!! (possibly AIR system delete problem)

i changed my spark plugs/wires today as well as deleted my AIR system. i made my own blockoff plates out of high strength aluminum. when i went to start the car it started up fine (didnt even set the check engine light?!) but after it was running for about a minute smoke started coming out of both sides of the engine. i shut it off immediately and THINK it's coming from the area of the air block off plates. for guys who've deleted the AIR system and used blockoff plates, did you have this problem? i also should mention that i re-installed the stock AIR gaskets under the blockoff plates....is it possible that these are whats burning? maybe i should remove the gaskets and just place the plates directly against the block?
Old 09-03-2007, 06:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The stock air gaskets aren't going to burn - if it's coming from your homemade alum plates that's probably the issue.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

maybe just a coating on the plates burning off.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:09 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah i asked my dad and he said it could be the fact that i used galvenized washers and they have a coating on them. he said it's common for them to need to burn the coating off and hopefully once that's done it'l stop. so i guess i'll just let my car idle for a while with the hood up.

Search this Thread