Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need sound clips and opinions on true duals.

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2003, 02:37 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Need sound clips and opinions on true duals.

Looking into replacing my SLP Loudmouth because I cant stand it anymore. It sounded great with stock manifolds, y-pipe, and cats, but now that I have FLPs, off-road pipes, and a bigger y-pipe, and its way too loud, poppy, and raspy. It freakin sounds like a 60s exhaust, "straight through technology." LOL! Anyhow, Im not sure if I want stick with a catback or do something different for a change and put on a true dual set up. First off, I would like to know which is the lightest and best flowing catback out there? Then, I would like to know where I can purchase a true dual kit? Id like to use bullet style mufflers, does anyone make them with those? If not, do they make a kit where you can run bullet style mufflers in them? Do they make kits that mate up with the FLP off-road pipes? Id like to keep the FLP off-road pipes, so that I am still able to swap out them out for the high flow cats. Could you please include some sound clips and pics of your true dual set up? Thanks
Old 05-29-2003, 02:57 PM
dug
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Need sound clips and opinions on true duals.

Check Jsears website. He has videos with different exhaust. http://www.fryrice.com/bird.htm
Old 05-30-2003, 12:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Need sound clips and opinions on true duals.

Heres another link you can check out.
http://www.fbodypages.com/joe/pics.htm