Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone make an x-pipe that mates with...

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2003, 02:49 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anyone make an x-pipe that mates with...

the FLP off-road pipes? I'd like for the x-pipe to start after them that way I'm still able to swap them out for the high flow cats. If I was to get an x-pipe that mated with the collectors on the headers, then the high flow cats and off-road pipes would be useless. Then if I ever got a ticket for my exhaust, I couldnt swap them out to get out of the ticket without removing the entire exhaust and even then, it still wouldnt fit because the x-pipe only mates with the collectors. The front of the x-pipe (closest to the engine) has to have the v-flange end so that its able to mate up. I'd like the entire true dual set up to be like that, but will settle for it just to slip over each other and use clamps. (but after the beginning of the x-pipe) Thanks and let me know if you could be of any help to what Im looking for.
Old 05-29-2003, 02:53 PM
Q
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Anyone make an x-pipe that mates with...

Just have an exhaust shop fab it up after your off-road pipes/cats. If you want, you can order those rings from FLP. They aren't that expensive and they can be welded onto the end of your x-pipe. I've made a true dual set up using that before. Contact FLP and ask for the rings.
Old 05-30-2003, 01:28 AM
9 Second Club NA

You have any clue is to how much each one of those rings are? Do the rings come with the clamps? If not, how much are those? Does anyone make a stainless steel x-pipe? Is an x-pipe really necessary? Does the 2 pipes even exchange flow, or do they just run next to each other? I dont know off hand what size the FLP off-road pipes are, do you have a clue? If theyre 3", will using a 3" x-pipe give me any gains over the stock FLP y-pipe? Thanks
Old 05-30-2003, 06:20 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The rings come with clamps. They run about $130 for all 4 to your door.

"Does anyone make a stainless steel x-pipe? Is an x-pipe really necessary"

YES - check out Stainless Works, our new exhaust sponsor. 1-(800) 878-3635, ask for Al Nole.

Is it necessary? No.

FLP ORP's are 3".

Call Stainless. I'm getting a new exhaust through them, and will be at Summit Day next weekend if anyone can make it to check out the car.
Old 05-30-2003, 10:08 AM
9 Second Club NA

Actually the FLP off-road pipes are 3" on one end and then they step down to a 2 1/2" end so that it mates up with the y-pipe. What I was wondering, is if FLP makes a 3"/3" off road pipes and cats? If so, then Id like to buy them also, because I dont see any reason for buying a 2 1/2" x-pipe. I dont want to cut or weld onto any of the FLP components. Or even better to save me some money...have a 3" x-pipe with the front ends measuring 2 1/2" so that they mate up with the stock cats and ORPs. But I wonder if that would restrict the airflow any? Im sure I would pick up better numbers if I did 3" all the way back from the collectors. Let me know what you guys think, thanks.