Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X-pipe with stainless works mufflers?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 12:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default X-pipe with stainless works mufflers?

I'm thinking of having an x-pipe setup similiar to texas speeds but with stainless works 30 inch long stainless muffles.

-Do you think that'll fit if the x-pipe merge is where the texas speed merge is (since the muffler is so log)?

-What do you think it'll sound like with cats? I want a deep tone. It'll be dumped before/right after the axle.

-How well do those mufflers flow?

Thanks!
Old 09-10-2007, 12:24 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That is gonna be tough to fit into any part of a TD setup. There are kinks and bends that it will have to have in order to give you your ground clearance. It can be done no doubt about it. They will be one set of custome duals. Should sound like a true dualed GMMG setup. I bet it will be a tastey sound. You will probably like it. Bullets will give you a deeper tone however. You can look right down the muffler on the stainless ones. It should be a little less than say a 16" bullet. Plus the length will have some sort of role in flow too. They should help with scavenging better than a bullet.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just called up Stainless Works and I'm going to have them make those in a custom size. Best part is that they're the same price that's already on the Stainless Works site. It's a bit more than the Summit price though

I was thinking a 13 inch body and 2 inches of tube on each side for a total length of 17 inches. It should be pretty badass