Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP engine cradle, header questions inside

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2003, 12:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HELP engine cradle, header questions inside

i am converting 01 firebird to ls1/auto, the engine is a 99 from a t/a, the engine cradle i got was from a wrecked 98 Z28, we had a heck of a time mounting the engine to the cradle but we finally got it, when it came to mounting cradle to car we could not get it passenger side lines up fine but drivers side needs to come over between 1/4 and 1/2 inch, so we lowered passenger side and tried to line up drivers side and the front two bolts line up but rear bolt will not line up, so i am almost positive drivers side cradle took some damage in the wreck, the place i got cradle from has another cradle that they just got from rear impact 99 t/a.

My question is Pontiac says i should get cradle for 01, are they the same?? the headers i got from slp are for 98-99 ls1 so what changed in 00 that the headers will not work, is the cradle different, or the mounts on the heads???

So does anyone know if part number on 99 ls1 cradle is the same as 01 ls1 cradle?? if not my headers probably won't work right???

Help
ben sr71knight@mail.com

Old 06-02-2003, 11:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: HELP engine cradle, header questions inside

ttt