Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edelbrock Headers...??

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 10:21 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Edelbrock Headers...??

I will be purchasing some LT's pretty soon and I'm pretty well read on all the pros and cons of each brand except for these. Does anyone have any first hand knowledge?? I haven't came across too many posts about these. Does anyone know any pro's or con's?? Thanks in advance for any info...
Old 09-14-2007, 10:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I recently installed the titech coated stepped headers on my car. I retained the air system and installed the Edelbrock Y-pipe with hiflow cat's welded in. With exception of a minor exhaust leak which I have yet to locate I have been very happy with this choice. The performance increase is noticed, the tone with my LM1 catback is not too obnoxious (cats), and the install and fit was good. Unlike most, I did have some difficulty installing the passenger side header, likely due to my inexperience, and again unlike most my driver side slid in with ease. I did remove the steering shaft knuckle which obviously eased the install. With the pro-kit the driver side collector only has about 2 inches of ground clearance, so attention to where I drive is now a must. For the money spent I like these headers very much.

Last edited by TexasVortexx; 09-14-2007 at 01:35 PM.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:18 AM
On The Tree

good deal, anybody else running these??
Old 09-14-2007, 03:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ran them on my vert and did the same thing with the Ypipe put bullet cats in it. IMHO this is a good choice for a non stainless header unless money is seriously an issue. The only problem I had is I had to drill the holes a little bit as they didn't line up perfectly which is wierd since they were so well done other than that. Install was smooth compared to the Kooks, pacesetter and grot installs I've done.

I wouldn't think twice about running them again!
Old 09-14-2007, 04:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 93TAWicked1
I ran them on my vert and did the same thing with the Ypipe put bullet cats in it. IMHO this is a good choice for a non stainless header unless money is seriously an issue. The only problem I had is I had to drill the holes a little bit as they didn't line up perfectly which is wierd since they were so well done other than that. Install was smooth compared to the Kooks, pacesetter and grot installs I've done.

I wouldn't think twice about running them again!
Which holes did you have to drill... the head flange or the air provision plates?
I now recall I had to carefully run the bolts in and out of the air provision plates a few times before I could run them all the way down. Apparently the coating was thick and had to be rubbed out.
Old 09-14-2007, 05:45 PM
TECH Junkie

The flange bolts. The gasket holes did not match up, it was minor but it was slightly off on like two holes on the drivers side.

If I would not have gotten the deal I did on my 1 7/8's Kooks I'd be running the brocks on my LSX motor.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I run these headers, and I have no complaints. Install was easy, everything lined up perfectly. The y-pipe is awesome as well. The only downside is that the ti-tech headers are pretty much just a painted header, so they will burn the coating off and rust much sooner then Pacesetter or similar ceramic coated headers. Other then that, the quality of the Edelbrocks are top notch.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:47 PM
On The Tree

thanks to all who posted for the info...
Old 09-16-2007, 08:03 PM
TECH Addict

I think they offer stainless.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Redlinez
I think they offer stainless.

yep, 4 different versions of these they offer stainless, ceramic, ti-tech and black painted.

i just ordered some painted ones that i will be using for the mean time, until later on when i crack the motor open, then i am going to have them high temp powder coated.
part# 65703 ($420) comes with ALOT of extras and the y-pipe is only $109 ($120 with oversize charge) from JEGS!